Information given by you
The “Contact Us” enquiry form found on our Site gives you the opportunity to supply us with information about you including your name, e-mail address, telephone number, type of enquiry and details of your request.
Should you choose to complete and send this form to us, we may use the information given by you:
- to contact you with information on our business, the services which we offer and, if we deem appropriate, to assist you with your enquiry; and
- for internal record keeping and internal audit purposes.
This information will be stored on our secure server and may be deleted, at our option, once we have received and processed the enquiry form.
You warrant that all information supplied by you is accurate, up to date and complete. If you believe that the information given by you is incorrect, incomplete or has changed in any way, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details noted below.
Information collected about you
Every time you visit our Site, information may automatically be collected about you. This may include technical information in respect of the Internet protocol (IP) address which you have used to connect your computer to the Internet, the browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform used by you to use our Site. This may also include information about your visit, including information about the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and methods used to browse away from a webpage.
Such information may then be used by us:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- to improve our Site and ensure that the content on it is presented in the most effective manner;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; and
- for internal record keeping and internal audit purposes.
We may share such information collected about you with selected third parties who deal with the operation, optimisation and improvement of our Site. This may include:
- a contractor / sub-contractor / business appointed by us to deal with the design, running, operation and maintenance of our Site; and
- an analytics and search engine provider, such as Google, who provide support to improve and optimise our Site.
Disclosure of information
Except where stated otherwise, we will not sell, distribute, lease or otherwise make your information available to third parties in any way whatsoever unless we:
have your permission to do so;
are required by law to do so; or
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will, however, take reasonable and appropriate technical measures to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your information.
Your transmission of any information on or through our Site is, however, completely at your own risk. As such, we shall have no liability for disclosure of any of your information which arises due to an error in transmission or the fraudulent or negligent or other illegal acts of a third party, for example hacking.
For the avoidance of doubt, we will not transfer your information to a country outside the European Economic Area without your prior consent and without our having assessed whether your information will be adequately protected in such country.
Access to information
You can request details of the information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please contact us using the contact details noted below to request such details.
Should you wish us to remove any information held by us about you then please contact us using the contact details noted below.
By submitting an application you are giving the Weir Charitable Trust consent to hold and use personal data to assess and administer any subsequent award.
The Trust will only collect personal information provided by you in the application form. If you are submitting an application on behalf of the organisation you must have the consent of the named individual beforehand.
For successful applications, additional contact names will be requested to process the award. Again, you must have the consent of these individuals beforehand.
The Trust will only process your information where it is necessary for our own legitimate interests, in accordance with Article 6(1) (f) lawful basis for processing personal data (under the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
Specifically, we may use your information to:
- Contact you about your application
- Contact you about the payment of an award
- Contact you about the progress of any award or project funded by the Trust as part of our monitoring procedures to arrange a follow-up visit
- Contact you at the end of the award to complete an evaluation report and provide evidence of expenditure.
The Trust will not share or disclose any of your personal data to third parties except when we have your permission or if we are legally required to do so, or when we appoint data processors to provide services for us.
The Trust will store all personal data and information on secure IT systems and servers and will hold your personal data in accordance with our Retention of Trust Documents schedule.
If you would like to know what information the Trust holds about you, you may submit a request to us by us. Individuals have the following rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
The Trust will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information on your records within one month as required by law.
Application Closing Dates
Late Applications Will Not Be Considered
Thursday 29th February 2024 at 5pm
(outcomes advised end May 2024)
Friday 30th August 2024 at 5pm
(outcomes advised end November 2024)